Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today and Monday, B$ and I went up to arctic valley for some turns. Monday the snow was super light and today it was much more dense as it has been blowing in the mountains the past few days. Both days were pretty rad. Turns that you have to hike for are just so much more rewarding.
Heres a few clips from Monday.

a minute at arctic valley from doomslashlove on Vimeo.


The view

Dramatic sign

Military circled over head a few times

My tracks

B$ turn


During the hike today my mind started racing with thoughts of how awesome these kind of hikes around anchorage would be with a noboard. Once home, I started scoping some videos on youtube, and I got more and more excited, and then I watched a video of Wollie Nyvelt that really sealed the deal. After a stop at wally world and about ten minutes of constructing, I had myself something that closely resembles a noboard. I was way to excited to try her out so i rolled down to the closest sledding hill to see if she was all i dreamed she would be. And she was. I really only got a taste but it was all i needed.


After taking about 6 or 7 runs, I pulled out my camera and snapped a few Mike Basich style self portraits*. I had tried it before with a timer but I hadn't tried it with a remote. Definitely difficult to get the timing especially since im pretty sketchy on the noboard. Kind of a refreshing way to shoot photos though.

*For those of you that dont know, Mike Basich has captured some of the most epic snowboard shots ever by himself using a high powered remote. Scope here.

1 comments:

2010 Winter Olympics February 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

for a ton of info on the 2010 Olympics Check out this blog:
http://olympics-2010-info.blogspot.com/